FLEET OF THE YEAR 2015

ŠKODA Flotila

ŠKODA Flotila

26. 3. 2015

In the Fleet of the Year 2015 poll, ŠKODA cars come top in three categories, are runners-up twice and place third once.

ŠKODA a hit among fleet customers

The ŠKODA Fabia, Rapid and Octavia all came top of the class. The Octavia G-TEC and Superb finished second. The ŠKODA Yeti took home bronze. These results translated into a further success for the Czech brand in a poll in which it already has a resounding track record. “Needless to say, we are pleased by this outstanding outcome,” says Luboš Vlček, head of the ŠKODA AUTO Czech Republic sales organisation. “Business customers are best placed to appreciate the reliability, quality and high value in use delivered by our vehicles. Add to that the affordable operating and service costs and the stable residual value of ŠKODA cars, and the upshot is a robust reputation among fleet managers and others,” adds Luboš Vlček.

In this survey, 1,350 feet managers cast votes, and their scores accounted for 60% of the overall result. The remaining 40% was made up of scores for the number of vehicles sold on the Czech market between January and October 2014 according to SDA statistics.

This year, prices were up for grabs in seven categories. The special category of Fleet Newcomer of the Year 2015 was determined solely on the basis of votes. The ŠKODA Fabia easily triumphed in the Small Employee Car category. ŠKODA also chalked up victory in the Employee Car category, thanks to the Rapid. In the Executive Car category, the Czech brand took the top two places. The ŠKODA Octavia came first, followed by the ŠKODA Superb. The ŠKODA Yeti was third in the Executive SUV category. The ŠKODA Octavia G-TEC did extremely well to come second in the new Fleet Newcomer of the Year category.

The Fleet of the Year poll is staged every year by the Czech industry magazine Flotila, which specialises in fleet managers. This year’s official results were hosted by the Loop Jazz Club in Prague. “What makes our poll stand out is the combination of individual evaluations by fleet managers and the actual number of vehicles registered. This year, we decided to ramp up the significance of the votes cast by fleet managers. The scores-to-sales ratio was 60:40 in the overall results of the Fleet of the Year 2015 competition,” explains Flotila editor Michal Žďárský.

Latest news

All News